Plucky Entrepreneur Sahil Lavingia Dumps Pinterest in Favor of Payment Startup
Sahil Lavingia left Pinterest last summer. What is Pinterest you might be asking if you just got back from a Mars Mission? It’s the hottest “startup” out there right now, but no one knows for how long due to copyright infringement threats looming on the horizon. The site caters to a female demographic. It’s the place to post or “pin” pictures of the things you want for your wedding or Valentine’s Day. Very girlie. But I digress. Continue reading
Kevin Systrom the CEO of Instagram
Kevin Systrom the CEO of Instagram is interviewed by some goofy dude. The company is only 2 years old, has less than 10 employees but has attracted 25 million iPhone user customers! Watch this interview .
Here’s a diagram that shows you how to get your business up and running the right way as far as the legal world is concerned. The source is business.gov.
Click to embiggen.
Here are startup tips from the great Jeff Bezos of Amazon:
- Establish A High Hiring Bar – You’re Creating An Enduring Culture
- Be Stubborn And Flexible
- Obsess About Customers, Not Colleagues Or Competitors
- Know When To Throw Away The Organizational Chart
- Get Good Advice — And Ignore It (aka: Know When To Throw Away The Rule Book)
- Don’t Chase The Quick Buck
- The Two Pizza Rule
- Growth Happens In Bounds And Leaps — Of Faith
- Be Simpleminded
- Add Up Lots Of Little Advantages